Year 7 and Year 8 intake – 2022  key dates click here

Applicants must meet one of the following requirements to be eligible for either a Year 7 or a Year 8 allocation through the Year 6-7 and Year 7-8 transition process:

  • The child is living in the school zone of Roma Mitchell Secondary College, view map here
  • The child has received and accepted an offer for enrolment by the school to participate in one of our Special Entry Programs
  • The child identifies as Aboriginal through the Enter for Success Program
  • The child is currently under the care of the Minister
  • Download starting-secondary-school-parent-brochure for more information

In 2021, year 6 and year 7 students at public primary schools will get application information from their school.

There is an online registration of interest form for public school families who will  receive a unique URL for their child via email or letter from their primary school around the beginning of term 2, 2021.

Details are here: .

Year 6 and 7 students at non-government schools who are in-zone and wish to apply for Roma Mitchell Secondary College can get application information by emailing

Students who are allocated to Roma Mitchell Secondary College for commencement of Year 7 and Year 8 in 2022 will be advised around mid August 2021.

For further advice please email

 Proof of residency

If you are applying as living in the RMSC zone, you must provide supporting documentation of your child’s permanent residential address prior to us confirming the enrolment.

This documentation must include:

  • If the parent / guardian owns their home, a copy of the contract of sale for the property or a recent council rates notice, and a recent gas or electricity bill for that property
  • If the parent / guardian rents their home, a rental agreement and a bond receipt lodged with Consumer and Business Services showing the current place of residence. The rental agreement should cover at least the first 12 months the child will be attending the school (ie the 2022 school year), and a recent gas or electricity bill for that property.

Further information on enrolling in a SA high school and the Year 6-7 and Year 7-8 transition process is available

For more information on Zoning click here